Akron Children’s Hospital will be offering COVID-19 vaccines for all eligible students, ages 5 and up on-site at Lee Eaton, 115 Ledge Road, Northfield. At this time, only students ages 5 and up on the day of your school located vaccine clinic are eligible to receive the Pfizer vaccine. This includes students 12 and older who are not yet vaccinated. No adult booster vaccines will be given at this student-only event.
Nordonia's COVID-19 Vaccination Clinic is scheduled for:
First Vaccine Dose Date: Friday, November 12
Second Vaccine Dose Date: Friday, December 10
Location: Lee Eaton, 115 Ledge Road, Northfield
Time: 3:00 pm – 7:00 pm
- To manage attendance, students are encouraged to follow the below time schedule as best as possible:
- Students with last names beginning with A – I arrive between 3:00 pm-4:00 pm (after school dismissal)
- Students with last names beginning with J – R arrive between 4:00 pm-5:00 pm
- Students with last names beginning with S –Z arrive between 5:00 pm-6:00 pm
- Last walk-in appointment: 6:45 pm
Here is some important information for you to know:
- Vaccinations are VOLUNTARY. All health information will be kept strictly confidential by the school and Akron Children’s Hospital.
- Vaccinations will be administered by Akron Children’s Hospital nursing staff.
- Students will receive the Pfizer vaccine. This is a two-dose vaccine. The doses are scheduled 3 weeks apart. Please review the attached information sheet on Pfizer vaccine from the CDC.
- Parents will be able to accompany their child to the vaccine clinic. Please plan accordingly, a 15-minute wait time is required for observation for all students after vaccination.
- Physical distancing and COVID safety protocols will be followed, masking encouraged by parents and students attending.
- Students should be dressed appropriately with an easy access to their shoulder or upper thigh for vaccination. Consider wearing short sleeve tee shirts or shorts.
- Parents are encouraged to visit akronchildrens.org for more information about COVID-19 and frequently asked questions (https://www.akronchildrens.org/pages/2019-Novel-Coronavirus-Frequently-Asked-Questions.html).
A completed consent form must be returned to the school clinic by Thursday, November 11. Download the Consent Form Here
We will accept a limited number of walk-in appointments on the day of the clinic.
Try your best to stick to the time schedule by the last name when able.