Thank you for your continued support and flexibility as we work through these unprecedented times. As you know, to help prevent the community spread of COVID-19, the Nordonia Schools will be closed to students now through Tuesday, April 14. Students will return on April 15.
It is true that every indication from Governor DeWine is that he is going to close schools for the rest of the year. As soon as he does my message will change. I don't mean to be confusing, but as of right now, students are expected to return April 15.
I have a few new items today in light of Governor DeWine’s announcement today that nonessential workers “stay at home” beginning Monday at 11:59 p.m.
- To limit exposure as much as possible to our bus drivers and aides, today--Monday, March 23--was the last day we delivered meals to families.
- Starting this Thursday, March 26, families can pick-up meals at Nordonia High School between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. every Thursday and Monday.
- WE NEED YOU TO PLEASE RE-ENROLL IN THE MEAL PROGRAM SO WE CAN GET AN ACCURATE COUNT: https://tinyurl.com/NordoniaMealPickupOrders
- Pickup will be in the rear of the building, near the canopy by the auditorium entrance.
- The track and tennis court at Nordonia High School are open for community use. Please practice social distancing.
- We have seen groups of kids congregating on the football field to work-out together. This is NOT PERMITTED. Please remind your children of the dangers of congregating together and do not allow them to meet. We have asked Macedonia PD to patrol more often and disband any who are congregating. Gathering together in groups is selfish and dangerous.
- If you have any questions about anything related to the school closure or coronavirus, you can submit them here: https://tinyurl.com/NordoniaClosureQuestions Questions will be answered daily.
These are unprecedented times, and we will get through them together through flexibility and common sense. Please understand this closure is not only to keep students and staff safe, but also to prevent the spread of COVID-19 as seen in other countries around the world.
As always, thanks for your continued support of the Nordonia Schools, and Go Knights!