*Mask wearing is required on the bus*
Please sit and face forward. No student is permitted to stand while riding the bus.
Since there may be up to 2 students to a seat, it is important to share space but keep your hands to yourself.
Drivers are authorized to assign seats. Do not move from your seat unless instructed to do so by the bus driver.
Seating Charts are vital as a COVID-19 tracing tool if a student becomes ill.
* When Nordonia is not in session, shuttles will be provided for private schools to & from NHS *
*Students will need to find their own transportation to and from Nordonia High School and home*
*Only students who reside within the Nordonia School District are permitted to ride Nordonia Buses*
*If Nordonia School District has a snow/weather day, district buses WILL NOT transport ANY students*
*Please click the link below for specific details regarding all private school transportation*
Bus schedules (stops): Bus Stop information will be available here on the Nordonia website. Please click the Bus Routes link on the left of the Transportation page. For security reasons you will need your student’s School ID number as the Log-In and their Birthdate as the password to access the E-Link. Click on Student to find their bus information. Bus stop information will go live on August 20th, 2021. Bus routes are identified by numbers. Bus stop information includes the approximate a.m. pick up time and location and p.m. drop off time and location. Pick up and drop off times may vary at the beginning of the year, as routes need a couple of weeks to become routine.
Bus stop changes: If you need a change in your child’s pick up or drop off location, this will require a Transportation Form. Students are scheduled for one designated pick-up and one designated drop-off location. These locations must be the same five days per week for the semester. However, your pick-up and drop-off can be at different locations. Any changes from student pick-up or drop-off locations will require a Kindergarten, 1st -12th Transportation or Private Transportation Form. We will not be able to accept daily, weekly, and/or monthly changes. These forms can be obtained at your student’s school or on the right side of this Transportation page and will need to be completed and returned to Transportation via email or fax 330-908-1789. Please allow two weeks for processing.
Bus Stop Location Reviews: If there is an issue or concern with your current bus stop location please send us an email or letter stating the students name, current bus stop location, the desired bus stop location and the reason why you would like the location reviewed. We will and review them on an individual basis. This may take several weeks to complete depending on the number of requests received. You will be notified of a decision once reviewed. We appreciate your patience.
Help us find you: Please display your street number clearly on your mailbox and home. Have all students at their designated bus stop 5 minutes prior to the scheduled pick-up time, this is district policy. Wear light clothing or carry a flashlight, this is especially helpful during dark mornings. These tips help us have accurate directions and help the bus driver find stops much more efficiently.
IF YOU MOVE, ALL RESIDENCE CHANGES MUST BE COMPLETED AT THE BOARD OFFICE WITH PROOF OF RESIDENCY.
Safety Rules – Riding the Bus – Tips for parents:
- Mask wearing is required on the bus.
- Please sit and face forward. No student is permitted to stand while riding the bus.
- Since there may be up to 2 students to a seat, it is important to share space but keep your hands to yourself.
- Drivers will assign seats. Do not move from your seat unless instructed to do so by the bus driver.
- Seating charts are vital as a COVID tracing tool if a student becomes ill.
Please click the Nordonia Conduct on the Bus link below for a comprehensive behavior guide.
Loading – Entering the Bus:
• Arrive at your designated pick up location at least five (5) minutes before your scheduled pick up time.
• Wait in a safe location off the roadway. Your bus driver will determine this location. (Designated place of safety)
• Wait in a single file line and board the bus in an orderly manner, going immediately to your seat so that the bus is not delayed. • You must remain seated and facing forward at all times with the aisle clear while the bus is in motion.
Unloading – Exiting the Bus:
• When arriving at your school, you must remain seated until the driver has instructed you to exit the bus.
• When arriving home, you must stay seated in your seat until the bus arrives at your stop and has come to a complete stop.
• Do not walk up the aisle to the front of the bus while the bus is still moving.
• After exiting the bus, you must go to your designated place of safety (to be determined by the bus driver).
• Do not stop for the mail, paper, trashcans, etc. You must stay in your designated place of safety until the bus has safely pulled away.
Crossing the Roadway:
When it is necessary to cross the street to get on the bus, you must cross at least 10 feet away from the front of the bus. Always wait for the driver's hand signal to cross, as the driver is in a position to see traffic from both directions. Before entering the roadway, the student(s) should look in both directions to check for any traffic. Remember, if your driver sounds the horn that means “DANGER”. After you have boarded the bus, go immediately to your seat and remain seated.
If you are crossing to go home, when the driver gives the hand signal, you will cross to the traffic edge of the bus (center of the road). You must stop and check traffic in both directions on your own. The driver will watch for traffic as well. If the driver sounds the horn, this means “DANGER” and you need to look around you for the danger. If you do not see any danger, look back to the driver for further instructions.
After you have safely crossed the road you must go to your designated place of safety and wait there until the bus has safely pulled away. Again, do not stop for the mail, paper, trash cans, etc.
Before and After School Care:
Transportation services are provided to & from commercial daycare providers. These commercial daycare providers must be within two miles of the school. *Reminder, If your student is scheduled to attend a daycare, please complete a Transportation Form.*
KAIRO KIDS CHILDCARE WILL SERVICE: Ledgeview, Northfield and St. Barnabas
LEARN, LAUGH & LOVE TOO! WILL SERVICE: Northfield
STEPPING STONES WILL SERVICE: Northfield, Rushwood, Lee Eaton and St. Barnabas
NORTHFIELD PRESBYTERIAN WILL SERVICE: Northfield, Rushwood and St. Barnabas
THE GODDARD SCHOOL WILL SERVICE: Ledgeview
YMCA WILL SERVICE: Before and after care in the elementary buildings.
Thank you and safe riding!